CeBGID presided the last meeting of the Joint Advisory Council 2018, CIBIOGEM, CONACYT.
During this meeting, the Joint Advisory Council reviewed and discussed relevant topics of the Convention on Biological Diversity, United Nations, such as:
1. Revised draft format for the fourth national report under the Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety.
2. Cooperation with other conventions, international organizations and initiatives.
3. Preparation for the follow-up to the strategic plan for biodiversity 2011-2020 and the strategic plan for the Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety for the period 2011-2020.
4. Transit and contained use of living modified organisms.
5. Meeting of the Ad Hoc technical expert group on socio-economic considerations.
6. Nagoya – Kuala Lumpur supplementary protocol on liability and redress.
7. Unintentional transboundary movements and emergency measures and the detection and identification of living modified organisms, and others.